Fast Food Restaurants Promote Healthy Meals; Fake Buffalo Mozz?
• Cadbury shares slipped today and Hershey’s may not bid against Kraft to acquire the company. [Trib]
• Calorie-posting laws compel restaurants like Starbucks and Applebee’s to introduce low-calorie dishes. [WSJ]
• Up to a quarter of Italy’s mozzarella makers may be diluting their buffalo milk with cow’s milk. [Times UK]
• The Baltimore Health Department and a soup kitchen called Manna House just launched an educational program to reduce local salt consumption. [Baltimore Sun]
• Cutting salt by three grams a day could prevent 99,000 deaths and 92,000 heart attacks a year in the U.S., says a new study. [NYDN]