Longman & Eagle wants to see you before the sun goes down. The Logan Square gastropub has extended their hours to draw the after-school crowd — in availability, if not age — with their new afternoon menu. (The Publican did this too — does two count as a trend?) Beginning daily at 3 p.m., the abbreviated selection is designed to tide you over until dinner service officially starts. For the time being, take your pick of the following dishes:
* House-marinated olives - $4.00
* Rabbit pâté, giardiniera, sourdough tartines - $7.00
* Potted duck rillettes, cornichons, mustard - $5.00
* Pretzel, Welsh rarebit - $5.00
* Artisanal cheese selection, fruit mostarda, crostini - $9.00
* Wild boar Sloppy Joe, crispy sage, onion, pickled jalapeño - $11.00
Longman & Eagle's afternoon menu runs daily from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m.