Some watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, we watch it for the press releases, partly because that doesn't require watching it at all, we get them weeks before, offering us fantastic choices of what to do and how to feed people. Did that make sense? We're just soooo excited about this game we don't even know. Today we'll cover what to go out and get to feed your crowd in front of that new 52" Vizio you got at Costco; tomorrow we'll do places to go to watch someone else's TV.
• Of course Magnolia Bakery has Super Bowl themed cupcakes; they'll have them in store or you can call an order in at 312-347-7777.
• Now here's for serious meat fans who crave quality over quantity. Old Town Social will have charcuterie plates to go, including house-cured sliced charcuterie plates, Old Town beef chili, savory mac ‘n’ cheese, spicy harissa duck wings, housemade sausages and choucroute, sliders, turkey clubs, chopped salads and more at $4 to $6 per person. But you need to order by tonight; call 312-266-2277.
• Nothing says the gridiron like sushi, and RA Sushi has catering platters ranging from 52 to 119 sushi pieces. We admire them for at least not trying to make a "do the wave" joke relating to sushi in their press release; call 312-274-0011.
• R.J. Grunts' Grunts For Groups Menu includes chicken wings ($29.95-$49.95, depending on how big the freakin' bucket is), beef and vegetarian chili, lemon potato salad and cole slaw. Call 773-929-5363.
• La Madia will have half-baked versions of all of its stonebaked pizzas for you to take home and finish the job. (This actually debuts this weekend but seems to continue from then on.)
• Garrett Popcorn's offerings for Super Bowl snacks include Spicy Cheese Corn. We hear they may have caramel corn too.