The teams train for the big game... the advertising agencies work on the big TV commercials... and we take all the press releases we got about the big game and put them into a post for you. Let's start with one that we'd be tempted to take advantage of ourselves: Table, Donkey & Stick chef Scott Manley will be cranking up the sausagemaker to make a special Super Bowl sausage special on game day for pick-up or local delivery. The package includes 10 house-made pork sausages, 10 pork fat pretzel rolls, braised sauerkraut, house pickles and whole grain mustard for $75. Sausages must be reserved by 5 pm Saturday by emailing email@example.com with a contact number. Delivery can be arranged or packages may be picked up at 2728 W Armitage until 5pm on Sunday. Now here's more Super Bowl Sunday specials.
• Another one offering meaty cook-it-at-home options is DMK Burger Bar; $50 gets you a Box O' DMK including DMK blend grass-fed beef, fresh-baked buns and all the fixins for mac & cheese to supply your Super Bowl party. Customers can choose between burgers #1 (Aged Cheddar, Smoked Bacon, Charred Balsamic Red Onions, Rufus Teague's BBQ Sauce) and #8 (Iceberg Lettuce, Tomato, Raw Onion, Bread & Butter Pickles, Mayo, American Cheese). Orders must be placed by Thursday, January 31 and order pick-up will take place 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm on February 3 at DMK Lakeview.
• Feel like you could eat a horse? That's not one of the options for Frontier's whole animal package— the options are, smoked pig— but if you want to impress the heck out of people, Frontier will do you up a whole porcine beast, $400 for an in-house party, $550 for takeout including sides. Call 773-772-4322 to reserve.
• Shaw's is paying tribute the Super Bowl host city, New Orleans, with their Super Bowl Sunday XLVII hotel-style brunch. In addition to the Shaw’s “Super Spread” expect New Orleans favorites on the buffet line, including Jambalaya, Blackened Fish, Red Beans & Rice and of course Oysters on the Half Shell! Sunday Brunch will be served from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 312.527.2722.
• Art Smith whipped up a few Healthy Super Bowl turkey chili recipes for Abe's Market; check them out here.
• Schuba's Tavern will offer a free chili and nacho bar, as well as $3 Bud/Bud Lights and $5 Bloody Marys, Mimosas and Screwdrivers.
• Magnolia Bakery will offer vanilla and chocolate Super Bowl cupcakes, topped with a Super Bowl ring and football decoration. The cupcakes are available in-store and by preorder until February 3.
• At Deca in the Ritz-Carlton, catch the game on multiple flatscreens and enjoy a complimentary buffet featuring chili in a bread bowl, Texas-style seven-layer dip, homemade corndogs and more. Deca’s full bar menu will also be available.
• At The Fifty/50, there will be drink specials all day and all night on Super Bowl Sunday when the San Francisco 49ers take on the Baltimore Ravens:
* $3 Jim Beam Red Stag shots
* $16 5-beer domestic buckets
* $20 5-beer import buckets
* $20 mimosa buckets
The “best dressed” Ravens fan and the “best dressed” 49ers fan will each receive a $50 gift certificate to The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group (good at The Fifty/50, Roots Handmade Pizza, West Town Bakery & Diner, and Homestead) and a VIP party at The Fifty/50 for themselves and up to 10 of their friends at a later date.
• Chicago Q will offer a special BBq To Go menu. Menu includes game-day staples like Homemade Pig Powder Chips, Smoked Dry-Rubbed Wings, Pulled Pork or Chicken, House Bacon Cheddar Hush Puppies and Award-Winning Kobe Beef Brisket Chili.
• Guests who visit El’s Kitchen & Bar on Super Bowl Sunday may enjoy $10 all-you-can-eat fried chicken, $5 bartender’s choice craft beers and $5 bartender’s choice cocktails. For those who want to enjoy the game on their own couch, El’s Kitchen & Bar will offer a $12 per person catering package. The Game Day package includes mini brisket sliders, whole wheat macaroni & cheese, a house salad and brownies. Please place all orders 24 hours in advance by calling (773) 248 - 5210.
• Municipal Bar + Dining Co. invites Chicagoans to enjoy the Super Bowl on over 35 HD flat screen televisions showing the game with the sound on along with half-off wings and sliders. Other football favorites include NY Strip and Short Rib Duo, Shrimp Cocktail, Falafel Fritters, Stuffed Mozzarella Meatballs, BBQ Chicken Flatbread, Sliders, Pork Chop and more.
• Guests who visit Quay can catch all the big game action presented live on the plasma TVs in the front bar and lounge and enjoy menu specials including a $19.95 Super Bowl Platter. The platter will include Lamb Spare Ribs with a pomegranate BBQ glaze, Pork Belly Sliders with Thai slaw and a sesame bun, and a Mini Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. Goose Island Flights are available for $15 and include Goose Island 312, Matilda and Green Line. There will also be a half-time raffle and live DJ. For Reservations: 312.981.8400.
• Punt and pass (okay, sashay) your way to Kit Kat Lounge and Supper Club this Super Bowl Sunday. On Sunday, February 3, Kit Kat invites you to celebrate the sporty spirit of the Super Bowl, and this year's half time performer, Beyonce. The day will begin with the "Divalicious Brunch" starring Madam X (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.) and move into dinner and drinks just in time for kick-off at 5:30 p.m. Diva Kinley Preston will star as "Beyonce" throughout the evening, and Beyonce's highly anticipated, half time concert will be shown live. Table reservations are available by calling Kit Kat at 773-525-1111.
• Lots of places are touting the number of TVs but we think Timothy O'Toole's wins with over 70 HD screens. Their Super Bowl bash will feature every minute of the action, all commercials shown with sound, drink specials ($18 Miller Lite Buckets; $5 Jameson Shots), full menu, prizes, giveaways and a raffle for a 32-inch flat screen TV.
• Finally, want a total change of pace far, far away from the big game? Vincent will be holding its latest Rijstaffel that night, that is, the classic Dutch table of Old World delicacies. They will have a total of zero HD screens during dinner. Go here for tickets.