It was only earlier this week that we had so many holidays that we seemed to run a roundup post every day... yet our inbox is empty of President's Day specials, and who knows what Arbor Day will bring. So let's round up upcoming wine dinners; that's the sort of event we can get behind in the winter. First one drawn from the hat: Deleece honors the "Unsung Heroes of California" with a six-course meal devoted to small producers on Tuesday, February 26. It's $37 per person, call 773-325-1710 for reservations.
• Also on Tuesday, February 26, Gibson's will hold a four-course wine dinner hosted by WXRT's Lin Brehmer along with Kendall-Jackson Winemaker Matt Smith, Master Sommelier Larry O'Brien and Gibsons Restaurant Group Corporate Chef Randy Waidner. It's $145 per person; reservations are required at 312-587-0508 or here.
• On Monday, February 18, Rockit Bar & Grill will hold its third TasteIt Insider Dinner, featuring a three-course meal paired with wines selected by LeSaaan Georgeson, creator of the wine-and-meeting-people site Bwinedate.com. It's $45 per person; go here for reservations.
• Tavern on Rush will hold "Tavern's Tour Through Italy" on Wednesday, February 27; $75 gets you an Italian five-course dinner with dishes such as Salmon Carpaccio, Open Faced Osso Bucco Ravioli, and Carved New York Strip, plus Italian wine pairings. Reservations are required at 312-664-9600.
• Taking a break from wine for a moment, on Monday, February 25 Paris Club will salute Belgian ale with complimentary tastings of Duvel and offerings of other Belgian imports such as Liefmans and Brasserie d'Achoufe, as well as hors d'oeuvres and your chance to talk with the beermeisters. No reservation needed.
• LivingWell hosts its 8th Annual Winter Wine Festival Fundraiser on Sat., Feb. 16 at the stunning home of Ed and Karen French of St. Charles. Jazz vocalist Tammy McCann performs, there will be food, wine and a live auction, and all proceeds from the event go directly to LivingWell so the center can continue to providing more than 60 cancer support programs and services free of charge. Find out more here.
• And Wednesday, March 7, Quince in Evanston will present a dinner with Domaine Charles Audoin, with winemaker Cyril Audoin in attendance. The four-course meal with pairings is $75; call 847-570-8400 for reservations.