Lots of Passover listings in Grub Street land! Let's begin with Magnolia Bakery, whose Matzo Crunch, with matzo, handmade buttercrunch, chocolate, white chocolate and toffee pieces is $8.00 per bag; it's above. They also have Mandel Bread, twice baked and loaded with chopped almonds and chocolate chips. $8.00 per bag. Now on to dinners.
• Chef Rick Tramonto will team up with the InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile to host a fine dining seder tonight at 6:30 p.m. The four-course menu is $80 per person, and "Education on the traditional Seder meal and discussions of elevated cuisine for Passover celebrations will also be enjoyed." Call 847-922-4673 for reservations.
• Osteria Via Stato will host a multi-course meal of traditional dishes for $39.95 on March 25-26, including Suzy Friedman's Vegetarian Chopped Liver, homemade gefiltefish, braised short ribs, and matzo ball soup; call 312-642-8450 for reservations.
• Chicago Q will offer Passover Kobe Brisket by the pound and half pound, along with all of their regular menu for catering.
• Tavern on Rush will have a $39.95 menu including chopped liver, matzo ball soup, brisket or matzo-crusted walleye. Call 312-644-9600.
• Bistronomic offers a three-course prix fixe Passover meal with a French accent for $40, including whitefish, seared Scottish salmon, roast chicken or prime short ribs, March 25 to April 2. Call 312-944-8400.
• Joe's Stone Crab will break out the gefilte fish, chopped liver (including Suzy Friedman's vegetarian kind), roast chicken, brisket or Halibut en papillote. It's $45.95; call 312-379-5637. Mon Ami Gabi will do a similar menu their way down to Suzy Friedman again; call 773-348-8886.
• Maxwell's at the Club will have a lavish Seder Buffet for $45/adults, $15/children on Monday, March 25; call 312-527-5800, extension 301 for reservations.
• The Goddess and Grocer will have a wide range of traditional Passover foods including gefilte fish, brisket, baked whitefish, matzo cheese kigel and tzimmes. The Passover catering menu is available from Sunday, March 24 to Tuesday, April 2. The menu will be available in stores starting Saturday, March 23. Orders must be placed 48 hours in advance by calling 773-292-7100.